He recently wrote about 5 tips for developing positive kids. They include:
- Ask your children for their success of the day;
- Have a bedtime ritual, such as a prayer or conversation to give them strength to overcome challenges;
- No complaining unless it is to the source and they have one or two solutions to the issue;
- Teach them that their response to an event leads to an outcome, so choose an optimistic response (Gordon calls it the E + P = O rule)
- Teach them to be thankful every day - it keeps them from stressing too much.
It's a quick read, so I encourage you to click the link above, check it out and check out other bits of wisdom on Jon's website, www.jongordon.com