Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Helping out

It has been awhile since I've written and the reasons are pretty poor. 

"I can't think of anything helpful to write."

"I'll get to it tomorrow." (And as we all know tomorrow never comes.)

However, after reading a short e-newsletter, I realized that information, no matter how small or seemingly insignificant, can be useful for someone. The article was oriented toward networking, but the theme is the same no matter what we are doing: Help other people; be intentional; and look for ways to help every person you meet.

The key point is to "cultivate a habit of being interested in the needs of others." It reminds me of an earlier post on becoming a needs hunter. Once needs are discovered, you are well on your way to finding a way to help.

With that in mind, I will try to help others by providing information that may be useful here. If it is, great. If not, stay tuned. Maybe a future link, or article, or insight will provide you with a nugget you can use.


No comments: