Monday, November 30, 2009

Giving Thanks 2009

Yes, the Thanksgiving weekend is over and the busy time to Christmas is upon us. I wanted to take time to write a short post on giving thanks for all we have. The reason I do this after Thanksgiving is to try to make it a daily routine. Having an "attitude of gratitude" enables us to see the world in a positive way and opens the door for more positive things to come into our life.

I am thankful for all of the things I have in my life, including the challenges, as they are there to help me learn. I am thankful for the time I get to spend with my family; there are many others spending time away from family this holiday season. I am thankful for having the time off to celebrate Thanksgiving; there are many who had to work. I am thankful I live in a country that allows me to write this without fear and I am thankful for my health, employment, all the people who are in my life, and for life itself.

1 comment:

kgriffith said...

Our Energy Bus reading has the statement, "too blessed to be stressed." I think that fits. As we go through the holiday season we do have to focus on the "good."