Tuesday, June 15, 2010

John Wooden

I happened upon this Jon Gordon article about the great John Wooden, who passed away over a week ago. It got me thinking about what I have learned over the years from some great men. So I thought I would post the link and then scratch out some thoughts this week leading up to Father's Day on the men who have been influential in my life and the lessons I've learned.

One of the best things I learned from Coach Wooden was that the outcome wasn't the important thing. The process and doing things right were so much more important. According to Gordon, Wooden focused on character, fundamentals, daily improvement, effort and teamwork. Of course, most of us know the results; doing this helped him win a lot of games. Focus on the process and the results will speak for themselves.

No comments: